Re: FC6 kernel lockups?

Mark Wielaard wrote:
Hi,

Is anyone else testing on FC6. I seem to still get the occasional lockup
even with the latest kernel when running our test suite. This is with
kernel 2.6.17-1.2564 on a x86 system. It looks to be happening in
testTaskBlockExec (frysk.proc.TestExec), but since the machine locks up
solid it is hard to tell. Anyone else seeing that?

Guess not :-/

Why not <<yum update>> towns.toronto (1) and then run:
./TestRunner -r 1000 frysk.proc.TestExec
on that (and your machine) to see what happens (I think phil is done with the machine). From last time, it may not be that test, just that that was the last flushed output :-(

Chris, you've a dedicated machine right? Can you set up and try similar? Something to just repeatedly run the frysk tests.

Andrew

(1) On second thoughts, perhaps don't, my last two yum-update attempts on towns appear to have hung :-/