Re: PTraceByteBuffer vs errno

Mark Wielaard wrote:
Hi,

While investigating some strange RuntimeExceptions (indicating
interrupted system calls) coming from PTraceByteBuffer I noticed that it
does its own errno handling when calling the Ptrace class. This seems
incorrect since Ptrace a) does its own errno handling and will throw the
appropriate exception when errno is set and b) Ptrace is not just a
simple call, but a complex chaining of calls through multiple threads so
the errno value set might not be related at all to the original errno
call. So I propose to remove all errno handling from PtraceByteBuffer.
This also made my local breakpoint tests become more predictable.
I'm draining my mail backlog.

Mark, yes definitely, good catch (I'm assuming this was committed).

Andrew