Re: About the license header in Frysk files

Wu,

The exception clause was chosen to ensure that the code base can be used as a library with Eclipse and its GPL incompatible EPL. The clause is identical to that used by "directory server" (We've obviously also got an effort to ensure that our eventual set of libraries are also all EPL compatible). If that exception is removed then so to is the Eclipse option.

Andrew

Wu Zhou wrote:
In each file of Frysk, there is a license header. To tell you the truth, I didn't take much notice of that before. But because we are wishing to add some new files into Frysk, so we had to consider this.

Our point is not to add any exception for IBM contributed code at this time. We need some time to evaluate what these words mean (we are not legal people anyway). So what about the following text for new files initiated by IBM people.
Any comments are highly appreciated!

// This file is part of the program FRYSK.
//
// Copyright 2006, IBM Corp.
//
// FRYSK is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
// under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
// the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License.
//
// FRYSK is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
// WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
// MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
// General Public License for more details.
//
// You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
// along with FRYSK; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation,
// Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA.

P.S: we are planning to submit these new code with no license header at this time. This is mainly for review. When we reach agreement on both the license text and the code, we can check in the code. Is this ok?

Regards
- Wu Zhou