Re: proposed refactoring of LinuxIA32

Tim Moore wrote:
Hi,
I've started looking at supporting x86_64 in frysk. To that end I propose refactoring Isa, LinuxIA32 and friends. I've turned Isa into an interface implemented by IsaIA32 and IsaEMT64. There's also a new interface, SyscallEventDecoder, that just returns a SyscallEventInfo object. Then e.g., LinuxIA32 extends IsaIA32 and implements SyscallEventDecoder. Comments welcome on this code...

Tim, this all reads right (I even sketched a bit of it out). Making SyscallEventDecoder is a nice way of separating out sub-components - I think it sets a trend that can be followed as other ISA related coponents get added.

One suggestion, going forward, I think the only thing really of interest is the objects and their relationships - if looking for comment you could just post a simple sketch of how things should be. I think if that is determined, the code just drops into place.

sorry to not comment earlier,
Andrew