Re: First commit

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 13:22 -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> > AFAIK, there is no such a unique coding style here.  I use Emacs as
> > the editor, and GNU coding standard describes format of C code.  A
> > clear coding style for Java is needed here, for example, what is the
> > width of TAB?
> >
> Mutter something rude about Eclipse :-)
>
> It should be GNU, and on the C/C++ front it pretty much is.  For Java,
> EMACS vs Eclipse leaves a mess (note to Eclipse  - TABs are 8
> characters, get over it :-), so  I'd be interpreting "GNU" to really
> mean "what ever CLASSPATH with EMACS does".  An automated then automatic
> re-indent is a things-to-do task :-)

For GNU Classpath we use a slightly adapted GNU style as described at:
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/docs/hacking.html#SEC7

How to let Emacs help you with that is described at:
http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathFirstSteps
Ben Konrath made a standalone version of efj (eclipse formatter for
java) http://www.bagu.org/eclipse/efj/ that includes an eclipse
formatter style file (aptly called GNU) that lets you easily re-indent
things. You can also import this GNU style file into your own eclipse
and use that as the default formatter for your eclipse workspace
projects.

Not saying that Frysk should use that style, it seems completely
different from the one that is used now. But at least there is support
for that style in Emacs and Eclipse.

Cheers,

Mark