Re: Observer Descriptions (Need contributions)

Hi Phil,

Does this change the format of the $HOME/.frysk/Sessions files?

Thanks, Len

Phil Muldoon wrote:
Hi

Something we just added in to Frysk is the capability to store descriptions along with your custom observer. This will also show this description in the Sessions Assistant when you are setting up a session. However the default observers also need descriptions, and they are lacking a little right now. Also the terminology between a Task/Proc a Process and a Thread need to be cleaned up. Here is what we have. How should we word these to be of most use to the user?

********************************
Exec Observer

Fires every time this task executes an exec call
********************************
Exit Notification Observer

Notify the user that a task is about to exit
and provide them the option to stop or resume the process
********************************
Fork Observer

Fires when a proc forks
********************************
Syscall Observer

Fires when a system call is made.
Task Clone Observer

Fires when a proc calls clone
Task Terminating Observer

Fires fires when this process is exiting

--

Len DiMaggio (ldimaggi@redhat.com)
Red Hat USA