Re: Should fork|clone automatically propagate?

I think the best solution would be to have a propagation
option.

There are three cases as i see it. I will use fork bu i am also talking
about clone.

1) Program forks, and the user wants all EVERYTHING propagated.
2) Program forks, and the user just wants to know that it forked.
3) Program forks, and the user wants to do some something else
   to the child process. For example add tagsets, beakpoints, different
   observers.

For clone I think case 1 is the most common. and Case 3 for fork.
so in order to address the implementation, and user common case
with one hit. And also have a clear api, i suggest adding a propage
option to all observers.