Souce and Monitor Window Integration

Prompted by the feed back from the Toronto meetings, I
had some ideas about how to better integrate the source
window and to monitor. To reflect the fact that they are
two views of the same underlying model, and to make the tool
more strongly suggest it self as useful to the user.

Phil Muldoon, Adam, and I had a little brainstorm and flushed
out these ideas. I have attached some some white board pictures
that Adam, and I drew out.

The central idea is that Monitor and Source are two views of
the same object. So our goal is to make the switch between the
two more obvious, and to provide the user with an "abbreviated"
view of the the other mode.

So,
(a) a view of you current session (process/thread tree) stays
    with you in both modes, and your tool-bar and menu stay the
    same.

(b) When you are in Source mode you are still able to see the
    time-lines in the bottom of you window, and when you are
    in Monitor mode, you can still see you stack and watch variables
    in the bottom of your window.

For refactors like this we have to keep in mind that each "widget"
or component stays independent of others, and communicate through
event passing. This way the gui is completely refactorable to the extend
of allowing the user to choose any combination of views they want (not
that I am suggesting that ;) )

Please let us your comments :)

JPEG image

JPEG image