Re: the result of "make check" on PPC64/FC5

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> > > packagename/O.out reports XPASS (unexpected pass).  What is this check
> > > for?  I also notice that packagename/C.out reports PASS.  So the expected
> > > result is that: Class.forName ("packagename.C").getPackage() returns
> > > non-null; and O.class.getPackage() returns null?  What is the result on
> > > x86?
> > >
> XFAIL roughly means, there's a bug but it's not frysk's fault.  Here older
> GCC's were broken - the XFAIL - gcc 4.1 however is fixed.
> Since so far hasn't been bitten by that specific bug (it was bitten by
> packagename/C) it failing isn't too much of a worry.

Got it.  Thanks.

> BTW, last night I committed some more 64-bit fixage for the above, I guess
> x86-64 is more sensitive.
>
> > > The result of "make check" in frysk-gtk directoy is:
> > >
> > > SKIP: gcjtreeiter/a.out
> > > SKIP: gcjtreeiter/gij.sh
> > > SKIP: textiter/a.out
> > > ======================
> > > All 0 tests passed
> > > (3 tests were not run)
> > > ======================
> > >

> If there's no $DISPLAY, the tests are skipped.  Since they play with GTK they
> can't pass without an X display - now if anyone knows how to get around this,
> is xvfb (x virtual frame buffer) still available somewhere?

OK. I set DISPLAY to a remote xserver and get the following result:

XPASS: gcjtreeiter/a.out
XFAIL: gcjtreeiter/gij.sh
PASS: textiter/a.out
1 of 3 tests did not behave as expected (1 unexpected passes)

There is another XPASS.  It seems that FC5 has one more improvement, right?

Thanks
- Wu Zhou