This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the frysk project.
[Bug general/6632] Debugging fhpd with fhpd does not print source
- From: "cagney at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: frysk-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
- Date: 11 Jun 2008 20:40:20 -0000
- Subject: [Bug general/6632] Debugging fhpd with fhpd does not print source
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From cagney at redhat dot com 2008-06-11 20:40 -------
What's happening is that GCJ generates a main() stub which will then call the
java runtime starting up FHPD. The generated main() lives in a temp file such
as the below.
The DWARF committee keep considering ways to address this; for instance how to
describe, in dwarf, something that really isn't debug-info but rather run-time info.
Anyway, if we could find the true entry point, then "run" could automatically
breakpoint in "main".
btw #1; fortran and ada have the same problem
btw #2: .stabs (another debug format) were, at one stage genrating an N_main stab.
perhaps check the DWARF web site to see if anything got resolved.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.