This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the frysk project.
[Bug general/6457] New: Provide I/O traces for iogrind
- From: "mark at klomp dot org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: frysk-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
- Date: 25 Apr 2008 11:31:04 -0000
- Subject: [Bug general/6457] New: Provide I/O traces for iogrind
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
iogrind is a prototype I/O profiling tool. http://live.gnome.org/iogrind
It aims to give a fairly accurate picture of all the I/O your application would
perform on a cold start. It has three parts:
1. tracing the application using valgrind
2. snapshotting the filesystem
3. simulating the trace, against a snapshot to visualise.
It would be nice to provide the first part as a systemtap script. It would
basically need to provide a trace of all file accesses (open, stat, chmod,
unlink, ...) + all 1st time memory page touches.
Summary: Provide I/O traces for iogrind
AssignedTo: frysk-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
ReportedBy: mark at klomp dot org
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.