Re: Posix message queues in linux?

Alan Cudmore wrote:

> Hi,
> I sent this message to the mailing list before, but I figured that everyone
> was at Linuxworld in New York :)
>
> I was reading the EL/IX draft spec under 3.13 Message Passing:
>
> Does linux support POSIX message passing?
> If linux does not support it, is it going to be part of an EL/IX API that
> runs on Linux?
>
> Is there a better way to do message passing in Linux & EL/IX. I am looking
> to have a capability similar to the RTOSs I am used to such as vxWorks and
> Nucleus.

Hi Alan,

This may be slightly off topic, but we have provided an LGPL module for
RTAI (linux real time extensions) that implement POSIX queues (for
RTAI).  We are hoping that we will be able to provide some level of
EL/IX compliance for realtime under Linux by adding to this set of
modules.  It may be possible to make use of this code from Linux ?? I
think the latest RTAI release comes with this modules (look at
http://www.rtai.org/)

Regards, Stuart