Re: elfutils makefile changes

I know, I think I wrote that. :-)

>   )
>   if test $? != 0; then exit; fi

Except I certainly would have written ") || exit" instead. ;-)

> Note how we are using bin_PROGRAMS= and only doing an install in the
> separate build directories.

That is still a "normal enough" way to invoke the makefiles.

> This last step goes wrong when we are
> running parallel make with -j BIG. Then sometimes you will get:
[...]
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot open linker script file libebl_ppc.map: No such file or directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [libebl_ppc.so] Error 1

Once in a while I see that in a normal development make run too.  AFAICT
it's a make bug (which is not my department, no matter what you think
you've heard!).  The .map file is a dependency of the .so file, so the link
should never have been run before that file was created.  I don't think
anything changed recently that should affect this directly.  Perhaps
something has slightly changed the timing of some of our build steps so
that this happens to hit you more often in the systemtap build than before.

Thanks,
Roland