Re: Merged "sane" commits from mjw/dwarf_output to dwarf branch

On Wed, 2011-03-16 at 14:31 -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> As I mentioned before, a kludge special case for DW_AT_containing_type is
> quite wrong.  It can be a clean special case for all direct self-reference.

I didn't do that, because I wanted the normal circularity check to catch
that. If we get a failure because of any circular reference,
self-reference or not, it is probably is something we need to
investigate. I cannot imagine when anything like that isn't some bug in
the producer.

> I haven't reviewed the rest of the changes, just that was an obvious thing
> to check.  When mentioning something that needs a look (the "really weird
> bit"), please use a commit id (or gitweb URL with one) to indicate exactly
> what change you are talking about.

It this case it was
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=elfutils.git;a=commit;h=17a29217e9145989ca15479132f8d6d8f80f0258

> In general, I'm sure it's fine to do these commits on the dwarf branch.  I
> probably won't really review everything by default.  If you want me to look
> at something in particular, be sure to ask.

Thanks,

Mark