Re: elfutils / man pages

> so the dev community is interested primarily in the library work, and
> the user community is often the dev community. Fine, fine.

In terms of focus and resource allocation, yes.  It's not that we aren't
motivated about tool replacement work too, but we just can't see where the
resource priority for that might come from and we know it's not realistic
to make many claims about it any time soon.

> I don't think I'm the right person to write documentation on the library.

Sure.  That's not to say you might not be a great person to help figure out
what good plans for documenting library APIs would be.

> OTOH, I'm happy to document anything in /bin or /usr/bin. Interest
> sounded tepid, but I'll try and start somewhere...

We are hotly interested and warmly appreciative of the contributions! ;-)
I just wanted to be clear on what a complete lack of plan for documentation
we have as a project.  We just have not put any time or thought into it,
and can't promise to get real coherent real fast even to direct and manage
new contributors' efforts on documentation.

That's why I just said everything I know about the documentation question.
I meant to imply that is *all* I know, and whatever else I didn't say I
haven't thought about yet.  (Consider it the brief flurry of quick
yammering following the blank stare and batting of eyes. ;-)

We in the project have never even discussed any subjects like what the
useful or desireable source formats are for writing our documentation.

Thanks,
Roland