Re: Versioned symbols in elfutils and uClibc

On 04/24/15 12:13, Max Filippov wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Anthony G. Basile
> <basile@opensource.dyc.edu> wrote:
>> On 04/23/15 18:24, Max Filippov wrote:
>>> A lot of tests failed because elfutils were built with --disable-progs
>>> (otherwise the build fails), and some test binaries failed to build
>>> because they call functions not available in uClibc.
>>
>> You might also want to take a look a [1].  I had to produce a series of
>
> Wow, I didn't know that gentoo can work with uClibc, that's great.
> I'll look at these patches.
>
>> patches to get it to build.  What did you do about mtrace()?
>
> I've plugged it with empty definition.

I maintain stage3 tarballs (that's minimal system with full toolchain)
for multiple arches.  I hit elfutils because some of these stage3's are
"hardened" meaning that they are meant to run with a pax hardened
kernel.  These require "marking" of some elf objects which is done by a
utility I wrote called paxutils-ng.  This depends on elfutils

Take a look at:

official site:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened_uClibc

downloads for ...
amd64:
http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/amd64/autobuilds/current-stage3-amd64-uclibc-hardened/

x86:
http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/x86/autobuilds/current-stage3-i686-uclibc-hardened/

armv7a:
http://distfiles.gentoo.org/experimental/arm/uclibc/

mipsel3 + mips32r2:
http://distfiles.gentoo.org/experimental/mips/uclibc/

ppc: (vanilla only)
http://distfiles.gentoo.org/experimental/ppc/uclibc/

I also maintain a full desktop system using uclibc for amd64 only.  The
purpose is to push uclibc to the limits and hit as many implementation
level bugs.

Official site:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened_uClibc/Lilblue

download:
http://distfiles.gentoo.org/experimental/amd64/uclibc/

I also maintain similar stages for musl:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened_musl

I hope this stuff is useful to you.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.