Re: Strip on mips

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:14:16PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-03-22 at 13:15 -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > > I can provide you binaries for all arches in Debian if you want,
> > > if you tell me which source to build, and how you want it build.
> >
> > All the test cases have been built from trivial sources so that they
> > are clearly public domain and no license issues apply to the
> > binaries we put in the archive.  For this issue, any
>
> ... seems Roland forgot to finish that thought :)
>
> If you look in the tests/run-*.sh files some have comments how the
> testfiles were created. It would be beneficial if you could generate
> test binaries on some architectures not yet covered using those. Often
> they are simple hello world style 1 liners (or at least < 5 liners). See
> for example run-prelink-addr-test.sh, run-strip-reloc.sh,
> run-strip-groups.sh, run-typeiter.sh. Though maybe those aren't the best
> examples since they all test something specific (they just came up with
> embedded source code in my quick scan). But I didn't see any more
> general test. Maybe we need one?

What I would find useful is one that tests the various return
value locations, and that covers the different psABIs.  I have an
example file that's at least a good start.

Anyway, I can provide binaries for at least the following Debian arches:
- amd64 (x86_64)
- armel
- armhf
- hurd-i386
- i386
- ia64
- kfreebsd-amd64
- kfreebsd-i386
- mips
- mipsel
- powerpc
- s390
- s390x
- sparc
- sparc64

And probably for some of those too:
- arm
- alpha
- hppa
- m68k
- powerpcspe
- ppc64
- sh4

It's just a matter of collecting the sources files, and how you
want it compiled.

Kurt