Re: dwarflint versus data_member_location

20.07.2010 02:11, Roland McGrath wrote:
>> BTW. There are some fixes missing from the origin/dwarf branch that help
>> with building on newer systems (in particular commit b337b1).

Thanks for the patch, it's now on the dwarflint branch.

> Unfortunately, the pmachata/dwarflint branch has some cruft in its tree
> that is confined to dwarflint.  Until that is removed so the branch only
> touches dwarflint itself, we won't be able to merge it.

Some of that cruft was there because of the merge with writer that I
don't remember anymore why I had done.  I cleaned everything up and
merged the dwarf branch in.  The dwarflint branch now only touches
dwarflint plus there is one related update to dwarfstrings.c/h.

>> Also note that on the branch srcdir == builddir builds are broken since
>> src/dwarflint is a directory (so the executable cannot be placed there).
>
> For a single program with many source files, it might be just as good to
> make it a top-level subdirectory rather than a subdirectory of src/.
> Uli is more likely to have an opinion about that than I am.

I made it so.

PM