Re: Strip on mips

> The test run-strip-reloc.sh failed on a mips binary.  The
> stripping works now with the patch.

We like to have consistent tests regardless of host (as well as the tests
that use the native-built binaries).  So what I was suggesting was a new
test with precise stored binaries.

> The next problem I see is that eu-readelf -w doesn't actually show
> the contents of the debug sections, either on the non-stripped
> or debug only file.

Well, we don't actually have a mips backend, so various problems are to be
expected until that porting work gets done.  That particular one is due to
the SHT_PROGBITS check in readelf.c:print_debug.  Since SHT_MIPS_DWARF is
in the SHT_LOPROC..SHT_HIPROC range, it wouldn't be proper to match it
generically, so we really do need to add an ebl hook for this and then
write a mips backend that defines it.

Thanks,
Roland