Re: elfutils status 2009-07-20

20.07.2009 09:11, Roland McGrath wrote:
> Last week:

Time actually spent on elfutils: 50%

Fix bogus messages and exclude some genuine but too common messages from
--gnu, so that dwarflint passes self-test.

Rewrite pieces of low-level to not depend on libdw.  Some sort of
validation is therefore possible even when the file doesn't have
.debug_info.  Perhaps it will be useful for writer development.

And improving dwarflint bits and pieces.

> This week:

Not many distractions in plan for this week, so 80% might work out this
week!

> ** start emitter prototype
> *** don't worry about folding in/optimizing shape/abbrev tracking,
>      and just walk the tree and add abbrevs on the way(?)

I wanted to start doing that last week but didn't get around to.  Unless
you stop me, that's what I'd like to work on this week.  I.e. having the
writer finally spit out some binary blob.  Chances are I'll need to do
some dwarflint fixing in tandem.

PM