Re: mpolacek/ebl_dynamic_tag_name

On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 21:12 +0100, Marek Polacek wrote:
> I've just pushed another test for function ebl_dynamic_tag_name.  This
> function is used mainly in elflint, but also in readelf.  Test is quite
> simple--just print all the possible strings the function can return.  Now
> the ebl_dynamic_tag_name is fully covered.
>
> I've also fixed last ChangeLog entry which contained wrong month number.
> All is available in branch mpolacek/ebl_dynamic_tag_name.

This looks fine to me. But note that libebl isn't a stable interface. So
I wouldn't spend too much time adding specific tests for it, unless
higher level functions really depend on it. So in this case, why not
(also) actually read the dynamic segment of the testfile you open and
check the tag names found in there?

Since we are adding more and more tests, it would be good to have a bit
more structured framework for it. Maybe using autoconf autotest? But I
don't really have a suggestion/preference for what/which framework would
be nicest (but please something simple without external dependencies
except regular build infrastructure tools). Would you be willing to look
into that?

Thanks,

Mark