Re: DSO: library or PIE

> Does it specified in some spec or GNU ld just work so?

PIE is not part of any formal specification.
It is a use already permitted by the generic ELF specification.

The essential meaning of a PIE is that it is an ET_DYN object that has an
e_entry address that works normally.

The presence of a DT_DEBUG is a necessary feature for the well-specified
techniques for debugging dynamically-linked executables to work normally.
Hence, a PIE has a DT_DEBUG.

Since PIE is a GNU invention, what we say it means is what the
specification is.  We say it's an ET_DYN file with a DT_DEBUG entry.

Thanks,
Roland