Re: [Patch] Don't relocate compressed sections

> Do you have other ideas?

I haven't yet given it the due consideration.  Even if the best thing for
the moment is just to punt, there is probably a cleaner way to do it.

To begin with, I'm still waiting to hear where ET_REL files with .zdebug_*
sections come from.

> Could a dubious enough input file include
> relocation instructions that cause less mellow errors -
> ie. overwriting data other than the .z* section contents?

Relocation is per-section, so that's not possible.  (The relocate code will
already diagnose DWFL_E_BADRELOFF if an r_offset field points past the end
of the section, as some might since the compressed section has shrunk since
the relocs were generated.)

Thanks,
Roland