dependency

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Sat Jun 30 01:25:00 GMT 2018

On Sat, 2018-06-30 at 00:49 +0000, Sasha Da Rocha Pinheiro wrote:
> Hi,
> is there a reference for the last stable version of Elfutils?
>
> Currently we set the following path in our cmake configuration to
> download and compile Elfutils as a dependency for Dyninst, but lately
> there has been some important modifications, and I think it would be
> nice to have a reference to a stable version so we don't need to
> check for new versions and update our make files.

We could certainly add some symlink(s) to the "latest" stable/released
version that is updated whenever we do a release.

What kind of naming/link is the most convenient?

Should it just be a link to the latest release dir?
https://sourceware.org/elfutils/ftp/latest/
-> https://sourceware.org/elfutils/ftp/0.172/

Or would a direct link to the source tar ball and signature file be
better?

https://sourceware.org/elfutils/ftp/latest/elfutils-latest.tar.bz2
-> https://sourceware.org/elfutils/ftp/0.172/elfutils-0.172.tar.bz2
https://sourceware.org/elfutils/ftp/latest/elfutils-latest.tar.bz2.sig
-> https://sourceware.org/elfutils/ftp/0.172/elfutils-0.172.tar.bz2.sig

Or some other scheme?

We could also have the buildbot create a "latest" or "current" from git
once all builds are green for example.

Which brings up the question, should we use "stable", "current" or
"latest" as link name, or is there a better, more standard name to use
for that? What do other projects use?

Thanks,