Re: Latest version of dwarflint?

Hi,

On Fri, 2017-09-29 at 13:58 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> I haven't gotten them all applied yet.
> I am adjusting the Makefile.in changes to the Makefile.am files,
> so we don't have generated files in git. And since I am on RHEL7
> with an older g++ I had to add some autoconf magic to get C++11
> support:
> https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_cxx_compile_stdcxx.h
> tml
>
> As soon as I have it cleaned up to build I'll add the patches to a
> new dwarflint branch.

I finally finished this. The code should now build fine on older
setups, with srcdir != destdir and make distcheck mostly works
(dwarflint doesn't support --version which I haven't fixed yet).
In a couple of places I did add slightly newer versions of the files
from the dwarf branch (if only to get the correct license heaers).

There is now dwarflint branch in git against latest git master.
https://sourceware.org/git/?p=elfutils.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/dwarflint

The shortlog looks like:

Djordje Todorovic (12):
      libdw: Add ELFUTILS_PRIVATE_TMP version
      Add libdw/c++/ from origin/dwarf branch
      Add dwarflint/ from origin/dwarf branch
      Add support for building C++
      Add files needed by c++ module from dwarf branch.
      dwarflint: Update code to work with current version of elfutils
      libdw: Update code to work with current version of elfutils
      dwarflint: Report summary for sub-category of variables
      dwarflint: Avoid corrupted access
      libdw: Proper handling of DW_AT_high_pc
      dwarflint: Remember the referring CU when read src lines
      Add support for dwarflint testing

Mark Wielaard (2):
      C++ build fixes.
      Add support for DW_OP_GNU_parameter_ref to dwarf-opcodes.h

Where I tweaked your commits a little I updated the commit message and
added my own Signed-off-by.

Thanks a lot for this. There were already happy users on irc
(irc.freenode.net #elfutils). And I hope it will help with my own
DWARF5 work (of course the code will need to be updated for that).

There is still a lot of work to do to get this in a releasable state
(where we can merge it to master). I didn't really review all the code.
And there is a lot. I hope we can trim down the new C++ files a bit.
Because I don't think we need it all. Also there are currently various
hacks to get things to build and run than would need to be cleaned up.
But it is in a useful state now for people who don't mind to build from
source.

Thanks,