Re: Latest version of dwarflint?

Hi All,

I have managed to integrate dwarflint on the top of elfutils-0.170 release, so dwarflint and locstats can use all conveniences and improvements of the newest libdw library (such as handling ops like DW_OP_GNU_entry_value).

It is used internally by our compiler team. I have also managed to add some new enhancements for locstats, such as reporting summary either for formal parameter or local variable, reporting some kind of verbose info about particular variable or formal parameter of particular function. But, beside these enhancements that were interested for our compiler team, dwarflint and locstats have a lot of good utilities that can be really useful to compiler developers. For example, dwarflint tool can detect mistakes in debug sections such as debug info, debug line etc., and help compiler developers to get rid of those mistakes. Locstats can apparently report useful summary and show progress of making better coverage for local variables or formal parameter in debug sections, so it can save a lot of time to compiler developers.

At least, maybe considering a making new branch called „dwarflint“ on elfuitls git repository, which follows the newest source code, would be good for the beginning, the same as it was on elfutils-0.152? Because, getting more feedback from users, these tools would be better and more useful, so it can be, one day, merged on to master branch.

If you are interested, I can share my patches.

Best regards,
Djordje Todorovic