Re: hg conversion notes and summary

Alex Schuilenburg wrote:
Jonathan Larmour wrote on 2009-10-16 05:21:

Alex Schuilenburg wrote:
I also see an hgext dir with the same date, including bugzilla.py,
notify.py.

If we do make a decision to move to hg, we'll need to know if there
would be any problems using that version, and so whether I'd need to
agitate towards moving sourceware to something more recent (which
isn't straightforward as other projects use hg too).

It would be worthwhile upgrading IMHO to pick up the current features and fixes - the only requirement is python 2.4 or above.

Given it's used by other projects, I'd have to give a good reason for potential disruption. If there is something concrete I could mention (bug X will make it hard, or it is missing important feature Y) that would be useful.

There are no problems I know of upgrading - I upgraded from 1.0.2 to
1.3.1 midway through our internal CVS to hg conversion and in fact
benefited from one of the bugfixes (hg reports a file as modified when
it is not - simple to recover, but annoying when you do a major merge),
but it does not matter really what sourceware is running if it is only
handling push/pull since I would assume any merge work would be done
offsite on sombody's own machine and their own updated version of hg.

Shell accounts on sourceware are usually highly restricted, so yes.

That after all is what DRCS is all about ;-)  The only local sourceware
issues may be bugzilla, notify or the hgwebdir.cgi which have seen
fairly useful improvements since 1.0 (including git plugin and git views
so those got fans still get the same look and feel, should you be so
inclined).

Would the bugzilla plugin need to live on sourceware or on the bugzilla machine?

You can defer answering till after a decision's been made :-)

Jifl