Re: update ARM platform HALs

    Jifl> Actually there is one exception that should probably not be
    Jifl> arm-eabi which is the AEB target, which is arm7di and so
    Jifl> can't work with the new tools. Sorry I should have mentioned
    Jifl> that yesterday Bart. Maybe it's worth putting that one back,
    Jifl> but it may not be worth even that effort since no-one will
    Jifl> be using it... I think it hasn't been sold for going on 10
    Jifl> years now.

I'll revert the AEB to use arm-elf-gcc.

    John> IIRC, Bart observed a SIGTRAP in libgcc (udivsi3?) when
    John> running up eCos built with arm-eabi-gcc 4.3.2 on the ipaq
    John> target. So perhaps users would be better off sticking with
    John> arm-elf-gcc 3.2.1 for StrongARM? I'm not proposing that we
    John> spend any further time investigating the problem, just
    John> seeking clarification as to what we should recommend to
    John> users.

That was back in October, the toolchain has been respun several times
since then. This is something to look at once the checkins are
complete and we have moved on to testing.

Also note that there are several ARM targets which completely fail to
build at the moment because of bitrot. And no doubt some number of
non-ARM targets will fail to build. Again, this should be looked at
after the checkins.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                                   eCos Configuration Architect
eCosCentric Limited    The eCos experts      http://www.ecoscentric.com/