Copyright assignments [ was Re: Configtool viewer selection ]

Hi Jifl

Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>
>> John Dallaway wrote:
>>
>>> This patch allows for the selection of text viewer and HTML viewer
>>> executables under Linux. Checked-in.
>>
>> Be careful here. Now that you've left eCosCentric, you do not have a
>> valid copyright assignment in place with the FSF - you are no longer
>> covered by the company one. As it happens, both the patches of the
>> 30th probably both sneak under the "is a copyrightable work" bar...
>> the first because it's small, and the second because it's essentially
>> the same thing repeated a lot, although it's definitely thin ice.

I agree that there's nothing copyrightable in those patches. I will get
the copyright assignment sorted out anyway.

> I'll also mention here incidentally that there are a number of files
> which claim Copyright (C) 2003 John Dallaway 2003.

There are also personal copyright notices for Nick, Bart and yourself in
the repository. All these copyright notices date from the months
preceding our employment with eCosCentric. eg configtooldoc.cpp rev 1.13
of 2003-02-13. For avoidance of doubt, copyright in my own changes will
be assigned to the FSF.

> No need to update the files themselves - I'll do that in the Grand
> Header Munge.

Is this still imminent? Please confirm.

John Dallaway