very old getaddrinfo manpage

A google search for "getaddrinfo example" showed
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-2.0/ref/net-common-tcpip-manpages-getaddrinfo.html
as the 4th item. In it the manpage is dated 1995 and claims that
getaddrinfo is not thread-safe. I'm not familiar with Ecos in any way,
shape, or form, but I'm curious: Are you really using such an old
library? If not, the prevalence of this page in google is a real
disservice to unsuspecting newcomers of socket programming and could use
a bit of updating.

Thanks for your time.

--
Jeff