Re: Support query

Francisco Peralta Aguaron wrote:
Hi,
 I have a question about eCos export restrictions and ECC Number classification.
 Is there some CCATS classification for the eCos operating system?

In reference to the operating system itself, I believe it is exempt. http://www.access.gpo.gov/bis/ear/txt/774_sup2.txt grants a general exception for mass market software. In any case there is no category on the Commerce Control List that eCos (at least in its form as distributed from ecos.sourceware.org) could fall into. Of course that may not be true for any product eCos is placed in, but that's your own responsibility.

The closest you get is ECCN 4D003 (see <http://www.access.gpo.gov/bis/ear/txt/ccl4.txt> but eCos is not *specially* designed for "multi-data-stream processing" equipment so I cannot see that applying.

Therefore the ECCN should be EAR99. Note there are still controls on exports to certain countries.

I suggest reading
http://www.bis.doc.gov/Licensing/exportingbasics.htm

I am not a lawyer. Do not take what I wrote above as any form of advice or recommendation - complying with your local laws are your own responsibility.

Jifl