how to pul the NWE line only once during a write cycle with eCos

Dear eCos maintainers,

I am using eCos OS on an EB55 Kit. I configured the EBI_CSR0 regsiter as follows: EBI_CSR0 <- 0x01002529 for a flash write routine. The scope is to be able to store data into the flash memory during an app.

While trying to write to the on board EB55 flash with the command
sequence described in the AT49BV1614 spec. I get still an unwritten device.
A connected osciloscop on NWE, NCS0 and NOE reads that NCS0
goes active low. NWE first goes active low as well. However, it goes
high and than low again before the write cycle ends. NOE stays high
as long NCS0 is active low.
While using a flash loader for flash writes (over jtag without eCos) the osciloscope reads all signals NWE, NCS0, and NOE as expected. NWE and NCS0 active low
and NOE high for the whole writing cycle.

I am not sure if eCos is quilty for the above strange behaviour of the NWE line
but I can only suspect either eCos or a wrong AT91 µC configuration.

How can I configure the AT91M55800 or eCos  to pull the NWE line only
once during a write cycle?

Thanks for you help

Marcel