Re: Way forward with FSF

Gary Thomas wrote:
Since there doesn't seem to be any timetable for the FSF to move, I think
it behooves us to go ahead with this plan(*).  I am OK with eCosCentric being
the center point (I'm like Andrew and don't have the inclination or resources
to take this on).

Great. I'll give Mark a little more time to chime in, but otherwise it looks pretty promising.

(*) Right now, I think the community thinks of this as a major stumble and
that our current approach of waiting for the FSF is growing stale.  At least
this way, it'll look like we are interested in the integrity of the codebase
while still accepting new work (and the RH assignment is surely an impediment
for some contributors).  When this is announced, it must be made very clear
that it is an interim solution, chosen only to keep the project/codebase
alive while waiting for the FSF.

Absolutely. And the instant the FSF wakes up and we reach agreement, everything would get transferred, no delays, ifs or buts.

Jifl