Re: eCos Bugzilla bugs on http://bugzilla.redhat.com/

Hi again Dave

We appreciate you must be busy, but would appreciate a yes or no answer on our request for your assistance below.

Thanks
-- Alex

Alex Schuilenburg wrote:
Hi Dave

Hope you are well and thing at Red Hat are good.

We have a favour to ask. We (the ecos maintainers and eCosCentric) have set up our own bugzilla system http://bugs.ecos.sourceware.org/ to start tracking eCos bugs since there are a number of issues, such as site customizations ,we need resolved that we obviouly realise will not be possible in Red Hat's commercial system.

Hence we would like to move over the outstanding (non-closed) bugs from bugzilla.redhat.com into bugs.ecos.sourceware.org. I would like to do this the easy way, as we previously discussed (when I worked at RH), by having you export the data as a series of SQL INSERT statements which we can use to import directly into our mysql database. I won't go into the hard way, although you can probably guess.

I realize you will have some site customizations so am quite prepared to do a fair bit of work to massage the exported data into a state that we can import it. For example:
* userids will not match
* priority and severity will not match
* platforms and host os will not match
etc

My solution, since this is a once off deal, is simply to import the bugs into a temporary database, to massage the data and tables to match the setup on bugs.ecos.sourceware.org and then export from the temp to the actual database. As part of the transfer we would also like to add notes to the bugzilla.redhat.com bugs, providing the new URL where the bug has been moved to and setting the state/resolution to CLOSED+MOVED.

Are you able to provide us with a dump of the eCos bugs?

Thanks
-- Alex