Re: ecos.sourceware.org and mailing list request

Jonathan Larmour <jifl at jifvik dot org> writes:

> Would it be possible to add ecos.sourceware.org as a subdomain/host
> and pointing at sources.redhat.com's IP address?

Done.

> That along with
> recognising ecos.sourceware.org in the s.r.c web server as a virtual
> host going to /ecos/ ?

Done.  Note that the GIF is broken on ecos.sourceware.org, though it
works on sourceware.org/ecos, because the IMG SRC uses an absolute
path.  There may be other similar problems.

I kept the same CustomLog and ErrorLog, as was also done by some of
the other virtual hosts.  However, the current log format does not
indicate which host was requested.  I recommend adding %v at the start
of the `combined' LogFormat line in httpd.conf, which will put the
virtual host at the start of each line.  However, I didn't want to do
that without checking with other people.

> Similarly underneath that could we have bugs.ecos.sourceware.org as a
> CNAME pointing at bugzilla.ecoscentric.com please?

Done.

> Finally, could someone set up the ecos-bugs mailing list slightly
> differently.... right now it's set up only to receive mail from
> bugzilla at redhat dot com dot  However due to unfortunate unresponsiveness by
> the bugzilla.redhat.com maintainer I've finally given up with this
> approach :-|. So instead could that restriction be temporarily
> removed? A bit later I'll want something like
> bugzilla-admin-daemon at ecoscentric dot com to replace it, but not yet to be
> sure there aren't any teething troubles.

I commented out the line in ~alias/.qmail-ecos-bugs which I believe
was enforcing this restriction.  I haven't tested it.

> If there's any way I could help (e.g. by "borrowing" root to save you
> guys time) then please just say. I don't want to cause you all hassle!

As they say, lend somebody root for five minutes, and they have it for
all eternity.

Please let us know about any problems.  Other overseers, please let me
know if I messed something out.

Ian