Re: Pros and cons of FSF

Mark Salter wrote:
Jonathan Larmour writes:

* An unanswered question: will Red Hat developers need to make sure there is an assignment to the FSF? Or will it be okay to just do stuff since there's already more than enough RH copyright so a little more won't make much difference. I suspect the FSF may insist on the former, but if so, would that be acceptable to Red Hat? This may make life very difficult for developers in Red Hat :-|.

I think all Red Hat employees are covered by a blanket assignment
to FSF. I'll check to make sure.

It depends on the exact text certainly, because the default FSF assignment form explicitly lists the "Program" covered.

Jifl