Re: Copyright resolution

Jonathan Larmour <jifl at eCosCentric dot com> writes:

> Bart Veer wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Although we haven't yet heard from Nick or Mark yet, there does seem
> to be a feeling that we should approach the FSF, from myself, Bart,
> Gary and Andrew at least.
>
> I will do so tentatively now then, although Nick's and Mark's thoughts
> are still relevant.

My thoughts are that it is probably too difficult and too expensive to
set up a non-profit organization of our own. Approaching the FSF seems
like a good thing to try. My only reservation is that this will put
more delay into the resolution of this issue, and we really need to
get this sorted sooner rather than later.

If the FSF route doesn't work, then we should take Plan B. In that
case we must also be more careful about what we accept and police
checkins very thoroughly.