Re: Copyright resolution

Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> So as I see it, and from what y'all have already indicated preferences
> for, there are essentially two conclusions:
>
> a) Create our own "eCos Foundation" whether not-for-profit or otherwise,
> and possibly then try to do a deal with Red Hat.;
> or
> b) Drop the copyright assignment requirement for patches entirely.

I don't see option (a) as realistic unless someone is prepared to pay the
legal fees or we can find sponsorship. These fees are likely to be
considerable given the unusual nature of the proposed foundation.

I think option (b) is the most realistic way forward and agree with Jifl
that this should definitely be accompanied by a company disclaimer process.
In fact, we should maintain a database detailing all code contributions,
company names, contact details, etc.

John Dallaway