Re: SNMP for FreeBSD

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 06:20, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Andrew Lunn wrote:
> >
> >>c) A rationale for including the patch in the 2.0 final release.
> >

> > Currently the branch only supports SNMP with the OpenBSD stack. This
> > is no longer the default stack for 2.0b1. FreeBSD should become the
> > stack everyone uses, but if people want SNMP they are forced to use
> > the old stack. This patch touches the two snmp packages only. It does
> > have the risk of breaking the OpenBSD support for snmp :-(
>
> This is a highly desirable patch as it gets rid of a long-standing issue,
> and Andrew has tested it, and Ascom have used the stack far more than any
> other user anyway! I would very much like to have it, although I can see
> why it wouldn't be considered "critical". So I'll leave it to John to make
> a final decision.

I tested it on PowerPC (for big-endian coverage) and it worked well
for me too.  I think it should be applied.

Gary Thomas                 |
MLB Associates              |  Consulting for the
+1 (970) 229-1963           |    Embedded world
http://www.mlbassoc.com/    |
email: <gary at mlbassoc dot com>  |
gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc