Re: eCos and RedBoot test farm

Hi Gary

Gary Thomas wrote:
On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 02:30, Andrew Lunn wrote:

Andrew, Gary and Mark - please let me know if you are interested in having access to such a facility or have any problems, suggestions etc with our offer.
Yes please.
One suggestion. Make access to it firewall friendly. Outgoing SSH and
https get through Ascom's firewall, but not a lot else. Incoming it
totally blocked.

Moi, aussi, merci :-)

SSH is the only way to go as far as I'm concerned as well.

Alex, what sort of hardware do you have available?
We probably have less h/w than you, but they are slowly coming in as the contracts come in.

The public boards we have are some MIPS & PPC boards, a Viper board, an iPAQ and hopefully will have some more ARM platforms (EBSA285, Assabet, etc) in the next couple of days. I don't have a complete list of targets since the h/w is spread out a bit between the guys here and I have lost track a bit :-)

We still have to clean out Paul's shed and get the wireless connection working reliably before we can do that.

I'm building up quite a set here, and if the infrastructure was
such that it can easily run outside of Cambridge, I'd be interested
in supporting what I can here.

Thanks. The infra will be such that boards can be remote but builds and execution will be done from the farm so that results will be available in one place for all maintainers to see. Traffic should still be minimal (gdb download via ssh tunnel) though debug speeds may be slow - but it should not matter much anyway as it will be automated.

We also intend to add the facility for complete email logs of test runs to be added (ala GUI config-tool) to the results to allow non-maintainers to submit results (e.g. contribs of h/w ports we/you dont have access to), say as a pre-requisite for a port being accepted.

The actual test farm infra (automated checkouts, perms, builds and executions) we intend to keep closed as it will be a commercial entity, hopefully earning enough money to keep itself ticking and pay the bills. If it does not become profitable, then it may be open sourced later.

Cheers
-- Alex