RE: Adding OMAP to list of supported Hardware

Thanks... it looks great and the links work.  I just noticed the "Thanks to
Patrick Doyle..." blurb at the bottom of the "More Info" link.  Wow, my name
in lights again!!! :-)

> Patrick Doyle wrote:
> > I just had a guy from TI in here saying, "Gee, why doesn't the
> OMAP show up
> > on the list of supported hardware at the eCos site?".  To which
> I replied,
> > "Gee, I should do something about that."
>
> Thanks for the links. Yes I'm somewhat bad at keeping that up to
> date, but
> with the help of the links you made it that much easier that I did it
> easily :-). Have a look now and tell me about any problems.
>
>  > Supported Features:
>  > Ethernet
>
> Remember to include the eth device driver in the target innovator {} bit
> in ecos.db when you get this working for eCos and not just RedBoot.

I added that yesterday and am about to prepare a new patch.  I just need to
figure out the right incantation for cvs diff to produce the new ChangeLog
files that I created.  ("cvs add" gets mad at me because I don't have write
access to the server).

FWIW, TI is now steering some folks to eCos for the OMAP.  They find that
some folks want WinCE, but most folks want to run either Linux or just run
on the bare metal.  The later category are the ones that are being steered
to eCos, with all three categories being made aware of it.

Anyway, its more (internal) press.

--wpd