Re: Future code ownership

bartv wrote:

> [...]                 if we are going to bother with copyright
> assignments at all then we might as well do it properly.

I'm still being misunderstood.  My point is that you might find a way
to go *without* formal copyright assignments to a central organization,
and still be relatively safe from corporate copyrights.

> The FSF has
> defined certain procedures which it considers necessary, and it has
> some very good legal advisors.

Yes, whatever they have makes sense to them for their assignment-based
scheme, and there has been little "competition" to discourage excessive
barriers to contribution.

- FChE