Flash-Programming

Hi,

we are working on a Ecos-Project using the freescale MPC5668g with CFL90.
My collague and i have created a section in the flash memory, where we
intended to persistent  store some data-

We used the Linker Script Variables to retrieve the pointers to a
section of memory we declared.
Using these we tryied to issue a write Command to that address - and
recive an Programm Error 4.
Is there some particular assembler magic necessary to write to Flash?

According to our DataSheets, the plattform we are on, does not work with
a MPU - so this should not be the source ouf our troubles.

We tryied to write to other locations, using the block adresses recived
with the given functions- and just managed to crash our program there
(it first seemed we overshot and either got a address in RAM, but as it
also crashed after re-boot, we concluded some damage done to the image
in FLASH.

My Question:
Is there some trick regarding writting and reading from Flash? Do we
need more NOPs? Is there some software Managment Entity, preventing
unauthorized writes or reads to flash?
Any advice is welcme.

Regards Picasso