Re: No host branch in my checkedout ecos tree

On Thu, 16 Jan 2014, Bob Brusa wrote:

> Am 15.01.2014 19:35, schrieb Sergei Gavrikov:
> > and to get 'host' module, type
> >
> >    cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P host
>
> Hi Sergei,
> the above worked - although I do not understand why it is at it is.
> The above cmd - but with ecos instead of host - checks out
> ecos/packages, ecos/doc and more, but not ecos/host which is on the
> same level as the ones mentioned.

'host' is not directory, but, name of the module

> Anyway, following checkout of host, I proceeded by creating a directory,
> starting in cygwin/opt
>
> mkdir host
> cd host

And below does not work in Cygwin?

  cd /opt
  cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos
  cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P host

or

  cd $HOME
  ..
  ..

Check that you have set ECOS_REPOSITORY variable.

  echo $ECOS_REPOSITORY		;# What have you seen?

> $ c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/host/configure --with-tcl=c:/cygwin/lib/tcl8.5
> --with-tk=c:/cygwin/lib/tk8.5
[snip]
> c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/host/configure: line 2990: test: too many arguments

Install Tcl/Tk *8.4* dev. packages.

Hope that you read README.host at least from here

  It is necessary to use a separate build tree rather than build
  directly in the source tree. This is enforced by the configure scripts.

    $ mkdir build
    $ cd build

Then try inside build directory (with no arguments)

  /opt/ecos/host/configure

Sorry, I have no chance to try the above in Cygwin. I think it has to
work, but I could miss some things like Cygwin's mangling of the paths.

Sergei