GDB stub support

Hi,

unfortunately I couldn`t get GDB working as expected.

At the moment, I`m able to run Redboot at my target system - mips32 24kc processor as ROMRAM version. When redboot starts, I`m able to see all messages from the redboot bootloader by my serial port ttyS0 (configurated with 115200 baud). After that redboot starts my application which is located at the addr 0x800400BC by a short boot script.

Now, I`m trying to add GDB support by using the same serial interface ttyS0. I`m not totally sure if that could be already the problem, because my application also puts some messages to this serial interface.

When I enable GDB with the following commands I can see that cutecom - terminal programm - will go from the open to the close state. That`s seems a correct behaviour to me. Furthermore I got a very small message on the serial terminal - something like that:

RedBoot>
RedBoot>+$#00

Here are the steps from the console:

xxxxx@xxxxx:~/../build/obj> mipsisa32-elf-gdb myProgramm.elf
GNU gdb 6.8
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=mipsisa32-elf"...
(gdb) set remotebaud 115200
(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS0
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
warning: unrecognized item "timeout" in "qSupported" response
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...

I hope anyone of you have some hints / information solving the problem.

best regards
Bernd