Re: Installing source after full build

Mike

On 29/11/12 23:23, Michael Jones wrote:

> But I noticed that it does not copy source files or ecos.db from the
> source dir to the target dir along with the binary stuff.
>
> Is there a way to get all the code and db copied over via the make
> process or do I just have to copy it?
>
> Should I instead compile on top of the source tree directly?

When you build eCos, the eCos library (libtarget.a), linker script
(target.ld), external header files and a few miscellaneous files are
placed in the eCos "install" tree. These files are all you need to
compile application code and link it with eCos to form a self-contained
application executable. Your application code should not reference
header files located within the eCos source code repository.

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer
http://www.dallaway.org.uk/john