Re: Speed up TFTP download time in RedBoot

On 19.03.2012 18:44, Elad Yosef wrote:

> I get 108 KBytes/sec after lowering the CYGDBG_REDBOOT_TICK_GRANULARITY to 50.
> I'm downloading SREC image to my target.
> I'm using MIPS32 4Kec.
> Does any changes to - hal_delay_us(int us) will improve the time?

Only if the hal_delay_us does not work as expected. If the throughput
significantly depends on the TICK_GRANULARITY in this range
I'd check whether the hal_delay_us really waits the time
it should.

FWIW, I am getting around 200 KB/s using an 80 MHz Cortex-M3
processor and the TICK_GRANULARITY of 250 us. I have no experience
with MIPS32 but from the description the CPU power shouldn't
be an issue here.

Note that it can also be the server that is introducing
the latencies, especially if it runs on a loaded machine.
Or a network driver bug - people usually don't really test
the polled mode much.

A Wireshark could tell whether it is the client or the
server who is introducing latencies and also whether there
are any lost packets.

Regards
--
                                         Stano