Re: Adding Post build rules for RedBoot

Hi Elad

Elad Yosef wrote:

> I'm using the configtool to build my RedBoot
> I want to add some manipulations with OBJCOPY on the output file "redboot.elf"
> Where should I add it and How can I do it?

Manipulations of this sort are typically performed by adding a make rule
within the CDL script of a platform or variant HAL package. Take a look
at the definition of cdl_component CYGPKG_REDBOOT_HAL_OPTIONS within
hal_arm_at91sam7s.cdl as an example:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ecos/packages/hal/arm/at91/at91sam7s/current/cdl/hal_arm_at91sam7s.cdl?rev=1.16&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=ecos

The priority of 325 set on the make rule in this file ensures that it
will be invoked after redboot.elf has been generated (with priority 320).

I hope this helps.

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer
http://www.dallaway.org.uk/john