How to use IP/UDP/TCP checksum offload HW?

How do you tell the eCos network API that IP/TCP/UDP checksumming is
handled by hardware?  I've found the if_data.ifi_hwassist field, but
I'm not positive it really does what I want, and it only seems to
affect the tx side of the stack.

Does if_data.ifi_hwassist tell ip_output.c to skil checkums in tx
packets and let the hardware do it?

How do you tell the rx side of the stack that it doesn't need to check
IP, UDP, and TCP checksums (the hardware will discard any packets with
invalid checksums).

It seems a shame to not support for HW checksum offloading when it's
gotten to the point where even a $4 uController has IP checksum
offloading HW.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Eisenhower!!  Your
                                  at               mimeograph machine upsets