RE: Re: RE : JFFS2 for NAND flash file system

[snip]

Mark that 1-bit ECC can be calculated in SW (on our ARM9 it works), but not the current 4b ECC (it will be too slow). Then you really need HW support. And soon 8b ECC will be required! So check your micro-controller's NAND flash driver!
Our Micron part was made obsolete, but with pin compatible replacements, but with 4b instead of 1b ECC.
OK, Micron has on-die ECC, but only for the current parts (obsolete in a few years?), not for the future parts with 8b ECC, and not for the biggest parts.

Regards,
Jürgen